Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Curious behavior in the galleries.

Richabri opened this issue on Feb 04, 2008 · 66 posts

kjer_99 posted Fri, 08 February 2008 at 8:08 AM

Well, dogor, I've always wanted honest constructive criticism, good or bad, and I try to do the same for others.  I sometimes get frustrated because I would like to have more constructive negative criticism than I usually get.  I agree there are some people who think they want it but their egos prove too tender and so it becomes hurtful for them, even if it should not.  That's why, when we do feel we must give a negative response, it is important to be very conscious about what we are saying, how we are saying it, and to who we are saying.  Do no harm should always be our motto, when it comes to giving input.  In truth, my experience here at Renderosity has been very positive in that regard--and I expect that is true of most of us. 

I'm not a fan of the stars ratings, but I feel we may be trying to fix something that isn't broken.  I still think some folks use the stars system exclusively to give input to the artist and others, like myself and some of you here in this forum, do it with words.  Both are valid ways of responding to the work.  I suspect that most of us Rendos do one or the other, and that those who do both aren't all that many, considering the large numbers of our membership. 

I agree with dogor that if you don't like the star rating system, simply do not allow it to be an option.  Same for "Hug Clubs."   Sure they exist.  They always have on sites like this one.  So what?  That's their community--a bit twisted perhaps--but hey! different strokes for different folks.  I don't have anything to do with them.  They don't come visiting me.  Why should I care, if they are there?  Live and let live--unless a specific person is causing you a problem, then go to the moderators.