Forum: Vue

Subject: Vue 6 - Satisfaction - Informal Poll

dstephany opened this issue on Jan 04, 2008 ยท 43 posts

AboranTouristCouncil posted Fri, 08 February 2008 at 6:39 PM

Just a note from a Mac user. I'm using a Mac Book Pro with only a meager 1GB Ram, and Vue handles it pretty well, so long as file size is kept to reasonable levels. With a recent posting on a tutorial about importing Poser content from Silverblade33, and getting a handle on controlling the materials, I've found the results surprisingly good. What was once a 1GB file has been reduced considerably, and I can actually do things like change a texture without having it crash when I go to save the file. (This scene has 12 poser figures, all fully dressed, fancy hair, and lots of props with their associated materials.)
May not be a speed demon, but it does what I want it to do, and may take its time rendering, but the end result is always worth the wait.
But getting back to the original question: Vue 6 Infinite is well worth the wait. It may not do everything I would like it to do (i.e. the ever infamous 'Make Art' button) but it does do many things really well, and its handling of Poser is leaps ahead of its 5 ancestor (when I had to export Obj from Poser to import (without textures) into Vue 5)

...Insert some witty or thought provoking comment here...