Forum: Bryce

Subject: The Flying Scotsman Project

TheBryster opened this issue on Sep 02, 2006 · 719 posts

Death_at_Midnight posted Sun, 10 February 2008 at 12:36 AM

Grrr!  I'm a bit angry/annoyed... b/c of this project I now am interested in starting up my old hobby of collecting scale model trains (HO and N) but I have never been completely interested in American style trains. It's always the European style or Asian trains that have interested me. So I go to the bachmann site and see they have a lot in the catalog. For fun I click their international sites and notice all the trains.. even the Flying Scotsman ones, Harry Potter ones (Castle and Hall) are available there. But I can't order them! grrrr!!

Then to make matters worse, their affiliates which make Chinese style model trains are also unavailable for me here.. as they are for sale in Europe and not in the States; and unless I failed to look properly, not available for online order. I would love to do a model scene from something like the movie Shanghai Express. Or even a Hogsmead scene with a Harry Potter feel for the kids.... 

*sigh

Why not make everything available everywhere instead of localizing markets? Just because someone lives in one country doesn't mean all his/her interest will only be only of things in that country/culture. Especially in the age of the Internet.

*sigh