Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Curious behavior in the galleries.

Richabri opened this issue on Feb 04, 2008 · 66 posts

Lyne posted Sun, 10 February 2008 at 4:54 AM

My two cents worth...and hi Rick...I put my money where my mouth is, with your work!  ;)  but as to the psychology behind it all.....i am a shy person... I do READ if the person posting wants only good comments or is up for both good and constructive comments kind of thing.... YET I can't hardly EVER make a constructive comment...if I really want to, I will contact the person by IM...and as diplomatically as I can, I make suggestions.... then about the number rating... I would never with my 'ole brain rememer every time to turn off the ratings.... and then I also can't feel comfortable without giving 5 stars for any picture I comment on... for me, it's because I know that the artist did the BEST THEY COULD....so that is what I am doing that for... if I REALLY LOVE THE PIECE I make it a Favorite.... that to me means much more.... lastly, when I look at my own stats... I care more about how many clicked to see the BIG PICTURE that really shows the work and detail not only I, but the creator of the items I used, put into the work.... and lastly..(oh well, another lastly! ;).... I do enjoy the interaction HERE best of all... sometimes I gain new friends this way....and some days I will just take a whole evening and click each person's name that commented on my image, and go see their gallery, and unless it is all nudes (sorry that is just me) I will leave a comment or two - as a thank you for their comment AND this is also the way my own Favorite Artists get out of hand... but that is another story! :)

I am sorry, I was not aware of this sort of thing, so off the top of my head (which is ONLY my head! ;) I am thinking it is a general comparision to all the art the person viewed? I NEVER go look at rosity's areas for most viewed, most commented or whatever they are... that not only takes too much time but I think is mostly a popularity contest.... and lastly... oh good grief.... sorry!!.... the bottom line for not going there is that naked ladies get all the votes anyway... grin

Lyne

Life Requires Assembly and we all know how THAT goes!