Forum: Bryce

Subject: O.T. new video card for old computer

bikermouse opened this issue on Feb 10, 2008 · 9 posts

bikermouse posted Mon, 11 February 2008 at 9:41 PM

Yeah ! the more I think about it  the better this card sounds (given the limitations of this computer).

Ray : 64M (need I say more?)

Bobby: thanks to whitcom electronics(fresno,ca) I never have to worry about fans. A good electronics shop should have your fans for under $20 U.S. Although I hit upon http://www.cputopia.com/dell-parts-dell-power-supplies.html . as you can see if your power supply is going out it might be good to know these people(If they're ok)_ I do have one computer which I'll need to visit old Tom at Whitcom soon for the agp video card fan.

Analog:
You got that right ! The card I'm looking at should relieve the memory problem if their blurb is spouting the reral deal.

wildman:
I'm operating under the supposition that a friend will upgrade his memory (1024M - 2100 ddr (2 512M  chips) to 2048M  thus leaving me  his old memory for a song and a prayer.) so I'm looking at 256M video 1024M memory on a 2.2 G systemj which only leaves a 'large Marge' hard drive to do such things as play "The Orange Box" and render images from such gravitationally over-exuberences  such as Bryce, C4D and Carrara which I am sure I can get for under $100.00 U.S ... Not bad for $149.99 U.S. total (after rebate,) eh??  I am considering the new computer route too, but that would mean spending another $14.00 for another network cord (20 feet should do ot.) arrgh !!!!