Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Rendering faster on a Mac

asrailight opened this issue on Feb 11, 2008 · 31 posts

grichter posted Tue, 12 February 2008 at 11:20 AM

Quote - So for clarification; Poser 7 doesn't take advantage of the multiple processors on a Mac? Darn, that's really disappointing. That was one of the reasons why I thought a Mac Pro would be ok for this.  :-/

I believe it does. My Intel quad core chews through renders faster then my my old ppc dual processor Mac ever did. Was very noticeable when I changed out my cpu. I seem to remember some time comparisons posted in the Mac user forum here, but I could be wrong. There is an issue with threading I believe that is the correct term when using P7 on 10.5 vs 10.4 that require you to change from render as a separate process which you could use in 10.4, that you can not use in 10.5 currently. Number of threads I have set at the max, which is 4. Save a scene and then do a render with this set at where ever you have it. Change the setting to something either higher or lower. Quit and relaunch poser and re-render the same scene with this being the only change. You will see a marked improvement in speed using a higher number of threads. Or at least I am. Most if not all of  this is explained in better details in the manual which is easy to search and find using Adobe acrobat

Gary

"Those who lose themselves in a passion lose less than those who lose their passion"