Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Victoria 4.0 - 4.1 - 4.2 - What is the change history

dburdick opened this issue on Feb 12, 2008 · 13 posts

RAMWorks posted Wed, 13 February 2008 at 11:10 AM

It was allot easier than I thought it would be. 

I first went into my runtime Character folder and deleted only the V4 and V4.1 cr2.s and any other cr2.s that were part of those installs like the V4 to V3.cr2 and even the developers cr2 just to be on the safe side.  I then went into the Pose folder and located the General Poses folder and trashed that and then into the folder that contained the Morphs ++, Creature Creator Morphs and Muscle Morphs and trashed them.  The rest you can leave as is (textures and what ever else).  Install the new, updated files in a logical order!!  I'm actually, this time, going to keep them in the order they were intended to be in so if there are other updates hopefully I can install right over the top.  I tend to move things around and organize things to death which for this update was a mistake.  So now I'll organize things to death AROUND all these newly installed folders and make the most of it!! :lol:

In any case I have her installed, organized and ran a test last night using V4 Male and it's really quite nice when combined with the Muscle Morphs and another that I can't talk about right now!! :tt2:

There was a mentioning that if you have created allot of Poser scenes with V4 (not V4.1 or V4.2) then it's safe and you should keep her.  Since I have been doing more beta testing than scene creation over the last year I don't have any scenes, esp scenes created in Poser.  In Studio I have a few but Studio saves that info in the Data folder so it's safe to use again.  So I got rid of all instances of the old V4 and V4.1 to really clean it up. If your just going to be using the new V4.2 from here on out, what's the use holding on to old data like that?

Oh and in case anyone likes the V4 male I do have my Bruno set in the Free area here, There is a Poser and a DAZ Studio version to choose from.  Lots of options too and you don't have to use the Bruno morph, there are separate MOR and MAT files!  😄

Have fun!! 😄

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE