Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: How do I use erc?

xantor opened this issue on Jan 24, 2005 ยท 52 posts

lesbentley posted Mon, 18 February 2008 at 10:41 AM

Quote - Can this be done using a dial instead of in the body? I mean that if I have a moving part and want the movement dial for that to affect the erc parts can that be done?

For example, a boats rudder to be able to be turned by turning the steering wheel on the boat.

Yes the master channel can go in any actor (body part), a 'valueParm' can go in any actor as R_Hatch said. The master channel does not need to be a 'valueParm' channel almost any type of channel can be a master, targetGeom, scale, rotate, and translate channels can all be used as masters.

When the actor that contains the master channel is above the slave channel in the figure hierachy, or in the same actor, or no more than one step below the slave, its easy. Just edit the slaving code to reflect the name and location of the master channel. Eg, if you have a boat with actors named "rudder" and "tiller", and you want the 'yrot' channel in the rudder to be slaved to the 'yrot' channel in the tiller, you would use this slaving code in the yrot channel of the rudder:

valueOpDeltaAdd
                                Figure 1
                                tiller:1
                                yrot
                        deltaAddDelta 1.000000

The above assumes that the actor number in your cr2 is ":1", if not edit as appropriate. When the actor that contains the master channel is more than one step below the prospective slave in the hierachy, it's a bit more complicated, you need to cascade the ERC through the intervening actors. I will say more about this in my next post.