Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Poser 7 Rendering & RAM Issues

Rhiana opened this issue on Feb 20, 2008 · 24 posts

Rhiana posted Thu, 21 February 2008 at 4:12 AM

Hi everyone and thanks for sharing your insights! :)

And also a big thank you to Angelouscuitry :)

As soon as I am home, I will check for the virtual space.

Does it also make sense to tell Poser 7 to render hardware based (does Poser use my graphic card then? because it already uses the CPUs and RAM haha) and not software based? Sorry not home right now so dunno where I saw it. Only know it were two check boxes.

I will try to tune down the morph stuff until only those are loaded I need (Given, it's not a whole package of morphes) I probably have to redo my toon, since I made her with V4.1 ... and now I cannot load the new muscle morphs into her (only works with newly made V4.2 chars). She is still running around with the normal facial morphs. Unless there is a way to turn her into V4.2 with Poser.

For M3 it is easily possible. He has single morphs for face, lips, eyes and so on.

Will write more when I am back from work :)

PS:
Poser uses the Dual Core CPU fully...but here it doesn't matter if you have a 32 bit or 64 bit OS.

And for using more than 3GB, you will have to use a 64 bit OS & a tool and force Poser to suck up more than that. I use "PE Explorer" for that. Sadly 4GB is for 32 Bit Software like Poser the technical utmost maximum. :-/ too bad.