Forum: Photography

Subject: LWitG week 8

inshaala opened this issue on Feb 23, 2008 · 31 posts

GiMi53 posted Mon, 25 February 2008 at 12:40 PM

I think LWitG is a great tool and - as you know -  I’m using it every week to discover new artists or pictures that I would have missed…
I always congratulate the selected artists and will do it again this week !

I know that the selection is a subtle and diplomatic dosage… everybody should have his turn…

(although the situation has much improved… I remember some years ago where the Hot list was more reflecting how active members were in the forum or how much softwares they bought from the site…)

But anyway, I’d like to ask the mods (I was told that the selection is the result of the staff votes) to pay even more attention to the creative and artistic character of the selected pictures…

As an example, it is far more easy (just costs a few Eurocents...) to capture a dog with glasses showing off on the Ramblas (for probably hundreds of photographers/day…) than to set up an original still life composition, a studio portrait or a HDR postworked landscape…

(Note for Ivan : no offense for your funny dog… You and everybody know from my comments and favs how much I like your Ramblas images… but in my opinion the selection in the LWitG is a different purpose…

Some months ago, a new category (Photomanipulation) was created… I think this should also be reflected in the LWitG selection… Just as an example, I’m missing James (awjay) wonderful work on tree lines (nearly abstract images)…

Important : Please note that my words are not to be understood as a negative critique to anybody…
I respect all photographic work uploaded here, either captured with a small compact camera or with a sophisticated DSLR…
I just want this site and his members to grow and to become even better…

"In Life, as in Photography, things look much brighter, once you remove the lens cap"