Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Need Critique - Character Sydney - (Transexual ) (Warning)

Zanzo opened this issue on Feb 24, 2008 · 32 posts

Zanzo posted Mon, 25 February 2008 at 7:10 PM

Quote - whew  I was worried I was way too hard on you. I'm glad you took it constructively!

I'm a programmer by trade and only dabble in 3d. So I highly respect the knowledge and trained eye of the experts. It is incredible what you guys can see that the normal joe can't.  I'm just barely starting to really understand all the hidden things that goes on in a scene.

Quote - I like the parquet floor, but put an area rug on the ground to warm it up to the living room style. The floor is a bit too light..
Get rid of the modern looking wall clock (now that the good part of the room is looking more traditional). Maybe take the small plant and put it on top of the fridge, and the larger plant from the fridge could go againstthe back wall.  (Smaller space, smaller plant, larger space, larger plant)
I like the change in tonality of the room and the image in the last shot. It's going in the right diorection. Wall texture is still too coarse - even for meditrerranean plaster wall treatment. I'd make the wall half as coarse as it is now.

Gonna make these changes now.

Quote - What is the character supposed to be doing? He seems a bit too close to the camera (especially if he's looking away from it). It's hard to make a suggestion on a better camera angle when I don't have the storyline. About the scene framing - Ghonma gave you some good advice - I second what he said! I'd experiment a little with some more radical changes in camera angles.
Change in the clothing color makes the character look more striking!

I'm looking forward to seeing the next iteration :)

He is posing in front of a mirror.  The first scene was going to be hip to head with the camera focused directly at him (like it is now).  The second scene (different pose) involves a camera angle facing his back, hip to head with the mirror reflecting his front.  The third scene (different pose) involves a full body back shot, feet to head, with the mirror showing his front.  These three scenes make up the mirror scene.