Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Let's get wet!

wolfmanjim opened this issue on Feb 24, 2008 · 16 posts

dburdick posted Tue, 26 February 2008 at 10:26 PM

Quote - Nice job!  How did you get the map, was it a tile at all; my guess is not, because the runs look really nice?  I'm asking because I'd like to see this for V3!

Yes, the map started out as several photographic tiles I created for SkinVue.  I've collected and taken a number of wet skin photos with drips, drops and puddles.  Then I converted them to gray scale and made them relatively seamless.  In Vue, I just tiled the main V4 textures with overlays of these tiles and rendered out some texture maps and some grayscale specular maps.  You can do the same thing in Photoshop but there's a lot of trial and error to make sure the wetness patterns don't produce bad seams. 

As far as V3 is concerned, I'm considering the possibility of creating a generic wet skin shader that will work for Unimesh (V3, etc) and V4 which would allow the injection of wet skin for use with any skin texture map.  It's not easy to do this generically in Poser but it's possible to come up with something that's a reasonable fake.