Forum: Bryce

Subject: laser flower..any idea how they be done??

erosiaart opened this issue on Feb 24, 2008 · 106 posts

ThunderStone posted Wed, 27 February 2008 at 9:41 AM

On break... (at home now... doing telecommute is fun.... )

Color inversions:
All shades of the following colors when inverted will be within the same color inversion series:

When you use the x-ray mat, you need to remember the inversion factor (as I called it).

As for the mask... When you finish rendering the finished product to disk, go back and select the different objects and re-render it with the object mask and save to disk. Make sure the view has not been changed or the objects moved.  I always used PSD format for the layer. Then in photoshop, open up both the rendered and the mask psd. Duplicate the layer in the mask psd over to the rendered psd file. The object mask will serve as a selection aid. Set the magic wand sensitivity to 2 and you can either one of the 2 things, you can select either the white or the black. This is how I used the object mask within Photoshop. I used the mask to isolate the objects to do a little photoshop magic.

As for the transparency... I guess I could bump up the transparency within the mat up to about 85 and re-render and use a lighter shade of cyan but you got to remember real world density of matter in order to make it more real? in the laser fashion.  (For me that is)...

===========================================================

Poser: Poser 11.3 ...... Units: inches or meters depends on mood
Bryce: Bryce Pro 7.1.074
Image Editing: Corel Paintshop Pro
Renderer: Superfly, Firefly

9/11/2001: Never forget...

Smiles are contagious... Pass it on!

Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday