Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Renderosity and Content Paradise end commercial partnership

Morgano opened this issue on Feb 27, 2008 · 35 posts

aeilkema posted Thu, 28 February 2008 at 9:18 AM

No, they didn't end mine, but I know of some others. I'm looking from 2 perspectives at the matter.

First as a costumer..... I don't like spending hours hunting content, I don't even have the time to do so, I like to visit as little stores as possible and yet purchase the content I need. CP was good outcome for this, instead of visiting a number of large and smaller sotes, I just could go to CP and DAZ and had most of the content covered I'm interested in. Now the link between CP and Rendo is broken and a few other merchants I used to buy from are not offering items at CP or are not offering the same sales and discounts at CP anymore as they still do at their own website or other stores, while in the past they used to offer items or discounts at CP also. Lately I find myself 'forced' to spent much more time looking for content at various places in contrast to spending the same time doing the work I want/need to do.

Secondly as a mechant I just look at the lost business. The more 'larger' partners CP, has the more items are offered and the more we can all enjoy the visitors coming to the store. This has a good effect on the smaller sellers also, it's good to have a few large well know partners also. I know EF is going through changes due to their recent transition, but people are holding of purchased due to these changes and that effects all of us, it's not good. Also withholding vital information and lack of communication by CP/SmithMicro is NOT encouraging customers to visit CP and that is having an effect on all of our business. Due to it's partners CP has a good number of visitors, by ending partnerships, a number of customers leave also and as a merchant I want to expose them to my items still, so again more work for me, since I need to start selling at other stores also.

I'm still selling at CP and I will continue to do so, BUT after 2 years of sole selling at CP I'm going to look at other possiblities also, CP isn't giving much inside either, so I want to secure my items being sold and like to have an as large audience as possible.

So not really a gripe, more a dissapointment  and I'm hoping we're not faced with more of these sudden inconvenient suprises regarding CP/SmithMicro. They still have the benefit of the doubt and I do hope they will put our minds at ease a bit more and also be a bit more open concerning the future.

Artwork and 3DToons items, create the perfect place for you toon and other figures!

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/index.php?vendor=23722

Due to the childish TOS changes, I'm not allowed to link to my other products outside of Rendo anymore :(

Food for thought.....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYZw0dfLmLk