Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Why it takes loads of time to open file with 3 DAZ V3/M3 textured characters?

tebop opened this issue on Feb 28, 2008 · 15 posts

Angelouscuitry posted Fri, 29 February 2008 at 2:17 PM

Uhrg, R-Sity ate my last three e-bots, too!

Thanks SVDL, sorry to read your server went down.  I got a kick out of your saying it would be out for a couple...hours!  That'd have meant a couple weeks, or err months, for me!

"First of all, RemoveMorphs.py works perfectly without a .exc file."*

Ah, thanks again!

Will the exclusionlist.zip still be at the same address when you're reconfigured?

"If you were to Spawn the character Morph on say V3, why couldn't you just create a new scene, load in a blank V3 and then inject the morphs into her?"

Look at what it is you're concentrating on.  All you want to do is focus on consolidating morphs. None of the steps I listed stray from that task.  And this is the quickest way I know.  Otherwise Conformed Figures, Smart Props, Materials, and the Pose of the Figure; then the other Figures', and Props' and the Camera Transition, Lights, and Render Settings of the scene, all start require extra special attention.  Whereas this method(especially just running removemorphs.py...) would work fine right through the middle of a very well developed, and complex, .PZ3; without any need to go into a Library 😄.

And it all depends on just how far you need, or want, to take it.