Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: OT: 3d gone wrong

ockham opened this issue on Mar 01, 2008 · 55 posts

Nosiferret posted Sat, 01 March 2008 at 11:49 PM

Well I think back then, the wigs they wore was to cover up the fact that they had to shave their heads due to lice as well as it was very fashionable to wear those wigs and we all know how far people go to be in the updated fashion. Possibly too as their hair fell out due to the lead poisoning in makeup, men wore that white "foundation" as much as the women. As well as poisioning from the pewter containers used to eat with and drink out of.

Along with what Pakled mentioned, back then you risked your life if you painted someone as they really looked. The only people who got their portraits done were wealthy, if you messed up and gave the daughter the hooked nose she has in real life, you were out of a job or worse, if the daughter was royalty you might have been sent to a dungeon and never heard from again. I think it was Anne Cleeves one of Henry VIII's wives, she apparently did **NOT **look like her portrait when she and Henry met. So maybe her father pushed the artist to paint a picture of what he wanted since a royal wedding was at stake...I don't think I would have risked painting her as she looked if that was the case.