Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: We are talking about computer characters right?!

beatone opened this issue on Jun 12, 2001 ยท 15 posts

jval posted Wed, 13 June 2001 at 9:38 AM

While thinking about the apparent discrepancy between the V and M clothing packs a thought occurred (I try not to let it happen too often but sometimes one sneaks through.) Back in the days of Zygote they once mentioned that each product was "costed" out based upon their estimated sales. Basically they wanted a minimum rate for their work and the final price was based accordingly. Theoretically, items with high potential sales would be somewhat cheaper than items thought to sell less frequently. I would not be surprised if many of the clothes models are based on previous models in order to reduce modeling time and effort. Certainly there are far more V clothes to base such models upon. Based on the images we see it also appears that V is far more popular than M which suggests that clothing for her will be a bigger seller. This would mean that although the M pack contains less clothing the net profit to DAZ3D would be about the same as for the V pack. The corollary is that if we want cheaper M clothing we have to buy more first. I am not privy to DAZ3D's secrets so all this is pure speculation although based upon many years of business experience.