Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Is M4 real?

Lyne opened this issue on Mar 09, 2008 · 83 posts

lkendall posted Sun, 09 March 2008 at 8:15 AM

3/9/08

*"but to just say if DAZ is really making a GOOD M4 with upgrades as good as V3 to V4?"

Let's hope not. At best, in my opinion, V/A4.X is a side-grade to V3. There do not seem to be any real advances in the figure to me, just trade-offs. V/A4 is not better than V3, just different. Her mesh takes less memory, but long before one injects as many morphs as V3 could take, V/A4 brings Poser 7 to its knees. Mapps points out that V/A4 is a resource hog, and he is right.

An important characteristic for variety, to me, is being able to scale a figure, and V/A4 has some glaring limitations in this respect. Even more so for men than women, for diversity, one must be able to make men taller or shorter, and this is not easy with V/A4. Even for women, considering the whole body, V/A4 is no more anatomically accurate than V3, maybe less so.

Thanks for the gallery links. The M4 model seems to have an unnaturally large head in two of the renders, but may be anatomically more convincing than M3/D3, we will have to see. No matter what deficiencies DAZ figures have, they are way better than the G2 characters in almost every respect.

Right now, V/A4 is sitting in my runtimes taking up space as I await a version of Poser, or a new computer, that can meet the figure’s memory requirements. I would hate to pay for another DAZ figure to meet the same fate.

Link to the Critique Room threads on new figures please?

LMK

Probably edited for spelling, grammer, punctuation, or typos.