Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Is M4 real?

Lyne opened this issue on Mar 09, 2008 · 83 posts

Silke posted Tue, 11 March 2008 at 5:09 AM

I like that male figure, phantom3D :)
I look forward to him. I didn't know he is in the works but I'll keep an eye on it now! :)
But I don't mind M4 either. :)

As for "Why do you need a new male figure"

Because. :)

I like rendering the guys, but there isn't a lot of support out there. And "I render females I don't care about the males" statements... well. Some of us render both, and we care.
If it were the other way around, if everything you saw were male, and you couldn't get much decent and affordable  (I'm not saying any, but I AM saying decent & affordable, because that's where it falls down) stuff - you'd soon change your tune. The same goes for figures, if you'd had M4, then M4.1, then someone says hey what about a new female... and you get instead M4.2 with a female inject - but no clothes. Then you get a Hiro Inject... how would you feel?
Then you look at new products... and everything is for those or the older figures? Nothing for the female inject either clothing wise.
Of course, the other way around it wouldn't be as tricky clothing wise. You could still put a female in jeans and a Tshirt, but I can put an injected V4 Male into what.... a DRESS?

That's what annoys me. And then you get people going "Apollo" and that annoys the crap out of me. No one goes "but you got Miki" when a new female is mentioned. It often feels like people who like to render guys don't have a right to get an updated figure or something.

So those "I only render females" - give it some thought occasionally. It's not like we're taking anything away from the female support.

PS - what's next? A Steph4 and a Girl2 inject?
Bear in mind there hasn't even been an official statement of where they are at with M4 from Daz. A PC member found those images and linked them - not Daz.

Silke