Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Apollo 2008!!!!!!!!!!

paganeagle2001 opened this issue on Mar 11, 2008 · 60 posts

RAMWorks posted Wed, 12 March 2008 at 1:11 PM

Quote - 3/12/08

Apollo is the ancient Greek and Roman god of the sun, prophecy, healing, athletics, music and poetry. Often called Smitheus (mouse god) he was also the god of plagues. While the male beauty of Apollo was reveared, he is not the god of male beauty. Apollo was bisexual and all of his female and male lovers had tragic ends, and most of their names are not particualrly attractive.

Artemis is the twin sister of Apollo, and the ancient Greek goddess of the forest and hills. She is often depicted as a virgin huntress. Artemis often killed Apollo's enemies for him. She is associated with the Roman goddess of the forest and nature Diana. Common symbols included a cresant moon, but Selene (Roman-Luna) is the ancient goddess of the moon.

Apolonia (Apollonia) means of or relating to Apollo, or having Apollonian qualities. Venus is the Roman goddess of love, lust and beauty, and is associated with the Greek goddess Aphrodite. Cupid (Eros) is her son. There is little classical connection between Venus (Aphrodite) and Apollo.

Artemis is not really a pretty sounding name, so classical symmetry might suggest the name Diana.

LMK

Nice bit of information.  Thanks for Mythology lesson.  I knew some of it but was not aware the Apollo was bisexual!  Totally cool in my book.  So Apolonia was a true figure in Myth history then.  That's cool to know too! 

Thanks again.

Thanks to Anton for all of his generosity.  I'm particularly grateful since Apollo 2007 was made 100% compatible with DAZ Studio, my main render app and this will continue on for the Apollo 2008.  Thanks Anton, you really are a very amazing and generous man.  Mmmmwhaaaaa!  😄

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE