Forum: DAZ|Studio

Subject: No product support for DAZ|Studio

RundwulfWolfShield opened this issue on Feb 10, 2008 · 63 posts

3Dillusions posted Tue, 18 March 2008 at 6:29 PM

Okay Audierne

Most stuff will work in Daz Studio, the material room stuff no and sometimes P7 lights but all else will work, sometimes you have to fiddle with settings in the Surfaces tab.

Daz Studio will have a material room in one of its future additions.

And as for rendering satisfactory, Daz can do whatever Poser can do and then some you just need to work out the settings for the program I picked it up very easily and I used to work with 2D never had the experience.  the guy that introduced me to it gave me some settings and then I did the rest myself.

Sure it cannot do HDRI as yet lol, but it will in the future. Dont forget its daz that makes the models, plus the other programs like Carrera and Bryce which produce stunning artwork.

I have seen the Poser people and quite frankly I am dismayed that they would even sell stuff this bad. Getting a bit fed up with hearing poser is better than daz, its just not true, only difference with Poser 6 and 7 is you have to have a faster pc to render with. Its a hot on memory, I have poser 5 and for a beginner to learn all those tabs and folders and such its very confusing, with daz there are 4 or 5 things you need to learn to render straight off. 
First time I saw Poser 5 I went what is all this stuff, lol.  The folder heirachy is a sight you have to see to believe.  The beauty of Daz is I have my poser folders point daz to then and away I go, I render everything.  Like I said before the only things I put in the Main Daz Studio folder are specific daz mats that vendors make, plus Daz Lights.  So its lean and mean.

I even got that Nasty Miki 2.0 to work with PMD inject and thats not a daz product at all.