Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Daz's Subdivision with Poser?

ThrommArcadia opened this issue on Mar 19, 2008 · 99 posts

DCArt posted Thu, 20 March 2008 at 11:12 AM

So, please DAZ go ahead, pull the plug and perhaps we will see a great new move because of the lurking thread and poser will once again gain my attention.

So ... I guess there is no possibility that Poser might actually support proper Catmull-Clark subdivision in the future?  And that DAZ's release of a subdivided model isn't an advancement that might propel similar innovations in Poser? That's the good thing about competition ... innovations on one side push similar innovations on the other. 

That's where my money goes, but only if it's something new something innovative, like Cyllan's Terraformers - Altitudes, that's innovative stuff, something new.

So what you're saying is it's only innovative if it uses the same old technology? What about the innovations that drive improvements in products as a whole and move them forward?

To put it in perspecive ... there once was a day when there was NO such thing as a layered graphics image editor. Everything was done on one flat image. Then (if memory serves me correctly) a graphics app named Altimira Composer introduced layers and all that nifty stuff.  Other graphics apps couldn't use it at first. But then we saw similar features in Photoshop, Painter, Paint Shop Pro, and so on.

Sometimes you have to do something different to improve things in the long run.

(and yes, memory did serve me correctly ...)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Altamira_Software