Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: JAML !!!! READ YOUR SITE MAIL !!!!

TheBryster opened this issue on Mar 18, 2008 ยท 25 posts

bagginsbill posted Sat, 22 March 2008 at 6:53 AM

Forgive me for butting in, but if Rendo admins feel that way, you really ought to get the owner's to fix the site. After the last redesign, there was a distinct reduction in the perceptibility of the site mail indicator. It used to be that the "you have site mail" indicator was much more obvious. Now it is moved to the far right and is small.

Notice, also, that on a typical wide-screen laptop (as I use almost always now) there is ZERO content on my screen when I come to a Rendo forum message.

I see:

A welcome message with my name in it, the day, date, time and how many artists on line.
A big pretty logo.
A search device.
An advertisement.
10 major site link menu buttons.
A welcome message to the forums in general
7 forum links
A welcome message to the Poser Forum
A list of moderators.
A link to the poser faq and when it was last updated (2004)
A forum banner image.
A very large message in fine print about this forum.
Six Poser community links.
Six forum internal links.
And finally the actual message I'm reading, of which I can only see the title.

Way off to the right, also in small letters, is a bunch of stuff, among which is the tiny little site mail indicator. Heading to read the post I'm interested in, the first thing I do is PAGE DOWN - scrolling all that stuff away, including the site mail. But in the old layout, I'd NOTICE the site mail, because it was in the midst of the main flow and it was big.

Given normal human perception and behavior, I'd be willing to bet that the new presentation of the site mail indicator is nearly at the bottom of the scale when measured for perceptibility.

At the very least, the indicator must move BACK to the main flow, not be in the side bar where it is now. And second, it should be at least as big as the three (3!!) "Welcome" messages I see PERMANENTLY smashed onto my screen.

Renderosity forum reply notifications are wonky. If I read a follow-up in a thread, but I don't myself reply, then notifications no longer happen AT ALL on that thread. So if I seem to be ignoring a question, that's why. (Updated September 23, 2019)