Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: JAML !!!! READ YOUR SITE MAIL !!!!

TheBryster opened this issue on Mar 18, 2008 · 25 posts

bagginsbill posted Sun, 23 March 2008 at 7:33 AM

Yeah and this made me laugh too:

StaceyG, trying to help people understand why it can't be done said: "Due to the way the tables work in this new software platform, we can't put it where it used to be. And we can't move it all the way over to the left rigth above where it used to be or it would be lumped in there with the the number of users online, username, etc."

I am not a web interface (HTML+Javascript) programmer, nor am I a "UI designer" (you know, those people who wear black clothes and have an earring in their nose.). I am just a lowly systems architect, who makes systems of computers with millions of parts talk to each other. So the exact difficulties of moving a piece of text into position, with a certain distinct font, may have escaped me. It may be that I, being an engineer who deals with durations of nanoseconds, and events that occur trillions of times an hour, am just not in tune with how the intricacies of a static placement of some text on a web page. It may be that I do not understand "DIV" and "SPAN" and absolute positioning and DHTML and AJAX and the dozen or so toolkits out there that demonstrate how to MOVE ITEMS AROUND ON THE SCREEN IN REAL TIME, in response to events on the server, such as the arrival of a new message.

Nope - I better stick to organizations like NASA and American Express and Disney and Blockbuster and Target. When I "suggest" to them that something should be done about a problem, and what should be done, and how long it will actually take (as opposed to how long THEY think it will take) I don't get much of an argument.

Renderosity forum reply notifications are wonky. If I read a follow-up in a thread, but I don't myself reply, then notifications no longer happen AT ALL on that thread. So if I seem to be ignoring a question, that's why. (Updated September 23, 2019)