Forum: Vue

Subject: OT: Scary...Crysis Engine renders photoreal landscapes in Real Time!

attileus opened this issue on Mar 26, 2008 · 48 posts

Xpleet posted Wed, 26 March 2008 at 12:49 PM

Quote - I rather believe in MY eyes than in hypes or in your explanations Xpleet; again, CryEngine beats Vue in the animation area and even some outside stills. I just think it's really embarrassing with all the Vue hype when you can make your world in real time...the biggest problem for me is the Sandbox interface.

Another problem is that Vue was built on an old core and on old ideas; it seems that one can take another approach nowadays in landscaping based on the latest graphic technology...but e-on probably wouldn't admit this unconvenient fact; it would cost a lot to create a totally new Vue engine.

And I'm running Crysis with a 8800GTX in ULTRA ( higher than CryTek offers ) quality.

Stuff in CryEngine is made up to the scene just like Vue.

Just cheat youself out of the mission area and it becomes so uuuugly you don't wanna be there.

I wonder what it would look like If i took that island picture and imported it over the same terrain in vue lol.

From what I've seen Crysis animations rocksox.
It has a pretty cool functioneditor "flow graphs"...

but as I said you can't make a landscape only near Vue quality. And the water is a disappointment atleast for me. ( beaches )

Yet I haven't seen a photorealistic scene to my means but ok..

Here is a look on my forest and waterfall :D

http://s1.directupload.net/images/080326/u9urgs4c.jpg

Quote - Xpleet, allow me to completely disagree with you. It seems we are not even talking about the same thing. I saw perfect waves at the beach, really good clouds and mountains.

And I'm mapping the final version. As I said the beach breakers or any beach relative waves were removed. It looks like in mid ocean on the beach now.

Much of the mountainscape is hidden by trees actually :D. You have an option where the vegetation of your choice plays chameleon to it's grounding texture making it fit more to the look of a background.