Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Is Vue Easel a better renderer than upgrading to Poser 7?

ChrisV opened this issue on Mar 29, 2008 · 36 posts

svdl posted Sat, 29 March 2008 at 9:17 PM

As far as I know, Vue 6 Easel is a standard 32 bit application limited to 2GB of address space.
It MIGHT be the way to go, but much depends on the kind of scenes you want to make.
If you want to make outdoor scenes, with lots of terrains, rocks, vegetation, and good looking atmospheres and skies - and good looking water! -  Vue Easel can do this far better than Poser 7. You can incorporate a limited amount of Poser figures into such a Vue scene, and it'll render just fine.

On the other hand, if you want to concentrate on the human figures, you're probably better off with P7, especially when you run it on XP 64 bit or Vista 64 bit. Poser 7 can use up to 4 GB of address space on a 64 bit OS, and I've rendered up to 8 figures in P7 with strand based hair (where Poser 6 invariably crashed if more than 2 figures had strand based hair).
This was on a quad core machine running Vista Ultimate 64 bit and 8 GB pf physical RAM.

If you want to do both multiple figure renders AND massive outdoor environments (like I do, see my "The Stand" series in the galleries here warning:nudity in that series), Vue 6 Infinite is by far the best you can get. Again, on Vista64 or XP64 and some pretty powerful hardware.

The pen is mightier than the sword. But if you literally want to have some impact, use a typewriter

My gallery   My freestuff