Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Is Vue Easel a better renderer than upgrading to Poser 7?

ChrisV opened this issue on Mar 29, 2008 ยท 36 posts

jugoth posted Tue, 01 April 2008 at 8:36 AM

I have used vue 6 esprite and inf and xtreem, i own esprite 5 and 6 and was given 5 inf as friends brother working in far east for 3 years, so 3 years of fun with program till he gets back.
Problem is don't believe the hype as i bought esprite 6 and a dual core machine as wanted for p7 as well, vue 6 esprite is a glorious rip off program as it not dual support and does not have memory capability of inf and above.
It should have had dual and quad support and same memory handle as higher versions, and on a poser scene i have had 6 esprite crash on q6600 with 512 gt card 2 gb mem inf and xtreeem handle memory better.
I took scene round to friends they put on near same spec machine as mine under xp 32 and 64, and esprite and inf and xtreem crashed out.
I left scene with them for their friends and they render the scene in every other 3d application max resolution without crashing.
Yes i you got 4gb of memory or above helps but that's not the point, E-on lied about vue could import poser scenes with normal machine.
I have used xtreem and it is a superb piece of kit, so if you want render low poly poser stuff in vue not bad, for non poser stuff vue is a bloody superb program.
I render max resolution on p7 in 32 and 64 as it has superb mem handle just experiment.