Forum: Vue

Subject: OT: Scary...Crysis Engine renders photoreal landscapes in Real Time!

attileus opened this issue on Mar 26, 2008 · 48 posts

Xpleet posted Thu, 03 April 2008 at 7:50 PM

Quote - Xpleet,

Is it feasable to create your own scenes in Sandbox and use the Crysis Engine for rudimentary visualizations - the ability to move around and visualize the different perspectives?  What is the largest terrain size one can have inside sandbox?  (ie) how many square kilometers or miles? 

Not sure what you mean in your first question.

I've seen people making visualizations of architecture in the CryEngine since interiors is one of the powers of the CryEngine.

SandBox editor works just like Vue but more practical.

Simply press CTRL+G and you're instantly landing in your scene as a player. But the 3d view is full quality and realtime while you edit things. When you jump into the scene the only gfx thing changing is that the daycycle becomes activated.

As I said landscape is not really a great deal in the engine, put some smoke and dark shadows or cloak ugly parts out with distant trees - yeah may look fine...

You can certainly make very artistic pictures using just the SandBox.

The maximum terrain size is at 16000 which I'd say is a terrain of I don't know what...10km?

I guess it defines the world of a whole roleplay game ( Oblivion ).

BUT unlike to Vue the size of the terrain defines the size of the map. So you always have the same quality of terrain/per meter. Atleast I haven't managed to increase it.

Does that answer all the questions?