Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: (OT) My Guardian Angel (please read)

Acadia opened this issue on Apr 07, 2008 · 90 posts

JOELGLAINE posted Mon, 07 April 2008 at 6:16 PM

@Acadia-- I ,too, have been touched by the generosity of strangers helping others and told to pay it forward.  That's what motivates me to try to be as helpful as possible.  It changed my life.  I'm glad someone helped.

Thank you Gerry.  You did good.

@Stormchaser--Acadia was at the bottom of a hole with no way out. When you are there, despair can overwhelm you.  Watching a loved one writhe in pain with NO way to help them is THE worst torture in the whole universe.  Not being able to take of yourself is bad---not being able to take care of your loved one is worse.

There are things in place to help people in pain, but NOT animals.  Even trying to pull the offending teeth yourself is not useful.  Cats can die from shock when overstressed, and if they are in pain, the teeth are absessed and when pulled, the infection will spill down the throat and kill the cat within a week or so.

If you have no recourse--what do you do? It's a crappy circumstance without any easy answer.  I've been on both sides of the problem, and it isn't easy. Sometimes you have to let it go, and sometimes things happen to keep a sad end from happening.

You shouldn't judge Acadia.  You and I and many just CAN'T know what's she's been through with her cat.  I know your point, and have felt it myself.  However, we aren't in another's shoes.

I cannot save the world. Only my little piece of it. If we all act together, we can save the world.--Nelson Mandela
An  inconsistent hobgoblin is the fool of little minds
Taking "Just do it" to a whole new level!