Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Some expert insight needed, what CAN and CAN'T Poser do in this?

Starvoyager opened this issue on Apr 13, 2008 · 30 posts

svdl posted Sun, 13 April 2008 at 7:22 AM

When it comes to what's possible in Poser - actually, I think it is possible to do a movie like that in Poser.
But not just by yourself in a couple of months. Modeling the environment,  making all those martial arts sequences, it could be done, but it takes a LOT of time.
The interaction between the characters is always the hardest to pose or animate. While the reaction to a punch or a kick can be automated by ragdoll physics, the moves themselves cannot, and a block or evasion, that's TOUGH.
So - while it can be done, it's definitely not a one man job. And the animation tools of Poser are a long way from those in the professional animation packages used to make the game animations.

On the other hand, I remember a short movie (about 15 minutes), made in 3DS Max by one single artist. Took him two years. No fast action, but some very good expression work on the two characters (a young woman and a baby). One single environment, very detailed (an old stone bridge spanning a creek in a mountain forest).
I wish I could remenber the name of the artist or the title of the movie. It was one of the very best CG movies I have ever seen.

The pen is mightier than the sword. But if you literally want to have some impact, use a typewriter

My gallery   My freestuff