Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Some expert insight needed, what CAN and CAN'T Poser do in this?

Starvoyager opened this issue on Apr 13, 2008 ยท 30 posts

ghonma posted Sun, 13 April 2008 at 8:50 AM

Quote - And while I suppose its possible the animations were extracted from the games, I find the chance of the character renders being machinima to be unlikely. In my opinion it would be far too difficult to match up the home-cooked renders with the machinima, particularly with lining up the camera angles.

Try looking at that animation again (get the HD version) and you wil find that the guy uses a lot of fast cuts. Which are a perfect way to cover up any differences in quality/cam angles. Also notice that the renders are very basic with simple shadows and lighting etc which would make it easy to match the look. Oh and see how the shadows keep toggling on and off in various cuts, even though they are supposedly from the same cam angle and how the quality of the clothes keeps changing from a low poly version that intersects the body parts to a nice smooth flowing high quality one.

All of that suggests to me that the only place he's using poser is in the close-up and mid shots of the characters and for renders where he couldn't find premade animations.

Quote - If he's using animation straight from the game though, he's certainly not ONLY doing that, as there are many attack moves shown in the videos that I'm certain did not come from the games. The fact that these characters are fully fighting on three axes instead of the usual two that most fighter games allow, demands even more manual work.

If you've played any of the games the characters are from, you would instantly recognize the animations. The way Yuna runs with her arms flailing, the way the characters draw their weapons, the way the girls from DoA punch and kick are all exactly like the games. I'm not saying he's done no manual work, but it's far easier to rotate an animation around an axis, then it is to actually do them in the first place. The guy is great at planning all this stuff and a genius compositor/editor. But his animations are highly suspect.