Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Is Poser content all dress up with no place to go?

byAnton opened this issue on Apr 16, 2008 · 21 posts

Ian Porter posted Wed, 16 April 2008 at 9:05 AM

I have been a member ( resident ) in SecondLife for two or three years now. There are some pretty amazing builds there considering the simplicity of the basic objects that everything is constructed from. Some of the scripting is really inventive too. The flexi-prims have been made into all kinds of objects, from hair to animated plants. Impressive considering it is all real-time ( unless the dreaded lag-monster strikes ).

Unfortunately SL gets a bad press here due the unscrupulous activities of a small number of residents ripping off textures and using or selling them is SL. I believe the number of people doing that is tiny compared to the millions of people signed up, but of course all of SL users  tend to get painted with the same brush ;-(( .When I first started in SL I think there were less than 30000 registered accounts total, and the Lindens were pretty hot on finding and deleting content which broke anyones IP rights or copyright. These days I think the sheer volume of users creating items and uploading graphics 24/7 ( often over 30000 logged in at anyone time now ) have made that an almost impossible task.