Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Some expert insight needed, what CAN and CAN'T Poser do in this?

Starvoyager opened this issue on Apr 13, 2008 · 30 posts

Starvoyager posted Thu, 17 April 2008 at 9:14 AM

Quote - It's not whether it would be easy to mix the animations from games X and Y (and actually imo it would, because likely they are convertable to a single format, or already in the same format) - it's how difficult it would be to do all that animation by hand.  Eight characters in an extensive high-speed fight sequence - are you serious?

Is it actually of the same quality that DoA has though? Most gamers I've talked to say the video's animations are terrible by comparison.

I haven't played DoA recently (and it was version 3 that I played) to compare them myself. If I had the game with me at the moment, I'd screen capture an attack move from it and put it right against one of the ones seen in the video and see how closely they resemble each other.

I definately recognized some of the more trademark DoA moves, but the more basic punches and kicks I have no clue about. And there's no telling how much of the animation sequences are being shared among the all characters. At least once or twice I noticed an FF character using a DoA attack.