Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: To whomever makes the final decisions on forum policies, I have some questions..

byAnton opened this issue on Apr 19, 2008 · 173 posts

XENOPHONZ posted Sun, 20 April 2008 at 3:12 PM

Quote - Hmmm I rarely comment on these type of threads but this one
so far  seems very civil

I am a merchant and tend to agree with jenk About the impracticality
of a broad based restriction on mentioning commercial product by every one
Praising or disparaging.

if i promote My product in the general Forum there is no doubt
personally I have a potential financial gain from doing so.

but it is a tough grey area when one's product is mentioned by others
in whatever context.

We agree.  Personally, I wouldn't like the idea of forbidding anyone from talking about Poser-related commercial products in the forum.  IMO, that goes to the very core of what this forum is for, at least in part.  After all, you see the occasional total-newbie who asks where they can get V4.

I'm not speaking officially, either -- this is just my personal opinion.  But I believe that the mods/admins here have achieved a near-balance now........a near-balance between an "infomercial forum": and a total ban on discussing anything that's sold anywhere.  At least the admins have come about as close as is humanly possible when walking the tightrope stretched between the conflicting demands which come from different camps of users & members -- different camps who don't agree among themselves about what should or what shouldn't be allowed under forum posting policy.

BTW - Poser itself is a commercial product.  It would be a tough sell to tell people that Poser couldn't be discussed in the Poser forum for that reason.  😉  And Poser-related products.......such as -- say -- Wardrobe Wizard.........should be freely open for discussion in here, too.  IMO.

Something To Do At 3:00AM