Forum: Freestuff

Subject: start with freebies?

Myrailon opened this issue on Apr 19, 2008 · 10 posts

nyguy posted Mon, 21 April 2008 at 7:30 AM

Quote - I have noticed a lot of members do not note freebie makers in their credits but often list the product makers if they've bought the item. This may be because there's a drop down for vendors but nada for freebie makers...likely too many of them and they aren't registered through the RMP so no real way to do that drop down thing.. ...

I agree with you on that that there is no drop down for freebies makers also I have a hard time remembering what I used was made by who with textures by not too sure. I have a good way of tracking too see actually how many times my free items have been downloaded because of a utility my webhosting company has. It states one free items has been downloaded 800 times and here it is over 1200+.

My suggestion is  this, look in the market place too see what products are out there. If you make say widgets and every other vendor is also selling widgets your product might not sell but if you make whatyamacallits and only 3 or 4 vendors sell them you might have a chance. As for freebies that is up to you whether to give something away or not. I personally have several items in the free area and nothing in the market place here, but I also am working on a product for the MP but I don't want to release it till it is finished and tested.

Poserverse The New Home for NYGUY's Freebies