Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: VSS Skin Test - Opinions

bagginsbill opened this issue on Apr 23, 2008 ยท 2832 posts

bagginsbill posted Sun, 27 April 2008 at 3:18 PM

Quote - >>If you have Poser Pro, you don't even need this shader. :) <<<

?????????????????????????????????????/

What's that? Why don't you need the shader with PoserPro? When is going to be a product?

Please advise!

::::: Opera :::::

heheh I knew that would get attention from some people.

As you know, I'm not allowed to reveal what I see in Poser Pro. But I think it would be fair to give a couple teasers.

There is something wrong with our Poser renders, besides not having global illumination. Something else altogether, that does not require any change to anything really.

In Poser Pro, there is a new feature that addresses the issue. At first, I thought it was a very minor issue. As I came to study it, however, I learned that 90% of my skin shader "inventions" have actually been muddled, confused, not-quite-right solutions to the underlying problem. Poser Pro addresses the problem directly and automatically. I am embarassed that I did not realize the issue all this time. Nevertheless, now that I am totally and squarely aware of the true problem with Poser 7 and before, I also have come up with a shader that works in Poser 7 and before to directly calculate the correction necessary to produce more accurate skin.

There, that's all I'm going to say for now. I'm probably in trouble already.

Renderosity forum reply notifications are wonky. If I read a follow-up in a thread, but I don't myself reply, then notifications no longer happen AT ALL on that thread. So if I seem to be ignoring a question, that's why. (Updated September 23, 2019)