Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Poser Pro Released

bagginsbill opened this issue on Apr 29, 2008 ยท 496 posts

Penguinisto posted Wed, 30 April 2008 at 3:50 PM

Quote -
Probably not, but who cares - she's ugly anyway regardless of the mouth behavior. :) She's uglier than my favorite alien, P6 Jessie.

ROTFL! I doubt that was the intent of the meshes... I don't think you're supposed to bring a camera any closer than, say, 20 poser-sized meters. Great if you want to do big scenes (because rendering 100k-poly figures at a distance is kinda stupid, not to mention a colossal waste of CPU cycles). Also great for crowd generation.

...but close-up? Bleech. That's definitely not what they were built for.

I do like something I'm seeing with these figures - SM/Poser is wanting to get a subtle shift going from the constant barrage of close-up portraiture that one normally sees with Poser output, and maybe get out more larger scenes, like CAD/CAM shots and landscapes. DAZ already has the ancient stuff in their catalogue (e.g. Nude Young Woman and the like) that can suffice well enough, but this addition makes perfect sense from a pro standpoint.

I mean, if you're doing, say, a museum or auditorium foyer interior shot, you want the focus to be on the architecture, not the people in it (whose sole purpose for being there is to provide a sense of scale... and nothing more). Same with background figures... your focus is supposed to be on the dude or babe (or both) up front, not the guy picking his nose 100 meters away :)

/P