Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: VSS Skin Test - Opinions

bagginsbill opened this issue on Apr 23, 2008 · 2832 posts

bagginsbill posted Wed, 30 April 2008 at 10:41 PM

First of all, the zone name matcher is not case sensitive.

Second, anything with the four letters "skin" in it, upper or lower case, will automatically be assumed to be skin. Anything with nail in it is a fingernail or toenail. Anything with "eye" is part of the eye.

So you don't need to assemble all those typical cases. It's weird ones, like Apollo Maximus has a "Gland" zone. That's his, um, naughty bits. That's skin, but VSS would not have picked that up without some help.

Also, be aware that a rule does not have to be done with asterisks. Those are to make it match substrings. If a rule says skin_body, without asterisks, then that is an exact match rule (ignoring case). Exact match rules take precedence over wildcard rules.

Preview, huh. I'm not going to make a general rule for the preview zone. You can always add such a rule yourself.

I'll be including rule building functions - I'm just not going to explain them all up front. As we encounter them, I will explain how to use them.

There is no need, in fact, to build a generic global set up rules. It is totally reasonable to make figure-specific rules in separate objects. I'm just trying to make it easy for the most common cases. Remember, my goal was one click, for almost all figures.

Meanwhile, if there is a favorite character that has obvious goofy zone names, by all means tell me what they should use for a shader. You can send sitemail or real email. I'll send you my email address in sitemail.

Renderosity forum reply notifications are wonky. If I read a follow-up in a thread, but I don't myself reply, then notifications no longer happen AT ALL on that thread. So if I seem to be ignoring a question, that's why. (Updated September 23, 2019)