Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Poser Pro Released

bagginsbill opened this issue on Apr 29, 2008 ยท 496 posts

Penguinisto posted Thu, 01 May 2008 at 11:27 AM

Quote - this 'background use' thing is a weak excuse.
you can make a 2K poly model that still has proper proportions and anatomy. video game developers do it all the time.

...heh - with enough sub-D and a customized-all-to-hell non-standard rendering engine, sure... but this is Poser and a REYES renderer, which kinda makes the whole videogame comparison kinda moot. And 2k is pretty thin.

Now granted that the faces on these things are pretty hideous for anything close enough to make out facial details, but I don;t think that was the point of building 'em.

Quote - the reason i am so upset about this is because Poser is partly judged by its content.

Unfortunate but true.

Quote - ive been hoping for years for a company to take over Poser that will actually bring it into this century and update it to a modern, professional, quality look and feel. what ive seen in this thread is a tremendous blow to how seriously Poser is going to be taken.

Given the lead time between acquisition and product release, coupled with Smith Micro's history, I honestly expected no such thing. Plus, we're kind of stuck with the Kai Krause -built parti from the looks of it.

/P