Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Poser Pro Released

bagginsbill opened this issue on Apr 29, 2008 · 496 posts

Synpainter posted Thu, 01 May 2008 at 1:20 PM

Quote -
the average home user wants something they can unpack and use. to expect them to be 'thankful' for content that came with a program they paid for, ...

... , poser will be judged in part by its content. when someone picks up a poser box or looks at their promo pages, they dont care what 'potential' these figures might have after countless hours of morphing or after third party merchants have had their way with them. they want to see what they can achieve now.

much of the entry level poser market are either people dabbling in 3D art as a hobby, or artists and professionals that need figure visualizations or reference. in either case they will want something that either:

1. looks visually appealing
  2. looks and poses like an average, anatomically correct human being
    from what i see, out of the box the poserpro models are neither.

I would have to agree with this statement from a Hobbiest/Existing Poser owner,
Personally, prior to becoming familiar with the 3rd party addons, I simply used what was originally included with my first Poser purchase , P5. 

By the time I (now having some experience with Poser)  made the upgrade to P7, I did not even use the "included Content", nor did I include it in my runtime. I was just trying to find a less irritating, faster workflow, that was bug free (hahaha) seems like Poser just about becomes stable and then wham, new version, damn! (needless to say,it has not stopped me from using it yet)

I would think (?) that the hobby/casual user  would look at just the Poser 7  package and not the Poser Pro.

If the target group of the Poser Pro is the Professional industry, I would have thought there would have been a whole new line of "High End" content.

just my .02