Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: VSS Skin Test - Opinions

bagginsbill opened this issue on Apr 23, 2008 ยท 2832 posts

bagginsbill posted Fri, 02 May 2008 at 9:06 AM

Quote - Off doing some renders now. I didn't include a face displacement map for Apollo, so the script swells the head via displacement. I had to manually reset those face materials. Be back with some renders.

Hi Anton. Thanks for trying it out.

VSS is supposed to detect an unused Image_Map and discard it. This was a relatively recent addition and I did not go back and test it on P6. On P7 this is working fine. On P6 it is not.

It seems that when you have an Image_Map node, and the Image_Source shows "None" on the screen, I get different results between P6 and P7 as to what the value of Image_Source is. I'm looking for None (the Python constant) or an empty string. Apparently that is not what is coming back from P6 Python.

I'm investigating this now. I'm sure I'll come up with a fix for this. I'm sorry I missed this in my testing.

Renderosity forum reply notifications are wonky. If I read a follow-up in a thread, but I don't myself reply, then notifications no longer happen AT ALL on that thread. So if I seem to be ignoring a question, that's why. (Updated September 23, 2019)