Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: VSS Skin Test - Opinions

bagginsbill opened this issue on Apr 23, 2008 · 2832 posts

bagginsbill posted Sat, 03 May 2008 at 7:00 PM

Quote - I did read about AO artifacts. If I remember correctly, the solution is to change the light's shadow min bias settings. Is that right?

No, that's not right.

The AO is not on the lights, it is in the shader. You cannot adjust the AO by anything having to do with the lights. As I said above,

You have four choices:

1. First, try turning off Smoothing in render options. (Poser 7 - this can help. Poser 6 this usually isn't enough.)
  2. Edit the VSS templates - remove the Ambient_Occlusion nodes. Your spots will go away, and so will some realism.
  3. Edit the VSS templates - increase the RayBias on the Ambient_Occlusion nodes. This can make spots stop while still getting some AO. However, you may see AO break-away (the opposite of AO spots - AO spots is AO where there should be none - break-away is absence of AO where there SHOULD be some)
  4. Switch over to Poser 7 or Poser Pro - now you have a reason. Realism and speed.

Renderosity forum reply notifications are wonky. If I read a follow-up in a thread, but I don't myself reply, then notifications no longer happen AT ALL on that thread. So if I seem to be ignoring a question, that's why. (Updated September 23, 2019)