Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Poser Pro Released

bagginsbill opened this issue on Apr 29, 2008 · 496 posts

XENOPHONZ posted Mon, 05 May 2008 at 2:06 AM

Quote - Same few non-owners of PP still ripping it as in every PP thread here. Not counting BH, I can see and agree with some of his points but to judge the whole apps future or lack of over a couple of figures is a bit silly. Also as pointed out a few times, all the content is there if you want to DL it.

It is a great update for P6 users, $150 is nothing for it. I think P6 users would be a bit foolish not to take advantage of the sale. For P7 users not so much but still a good upgrade for $150. Very stable right out of the box. It all depends on you.

I can't use P7 now after using PP. PP is just smoother to work with, faster in many things, bit better renders. I like being able to do something else when it is rendering and I like the fact that I have not had one crash since I bought it. I can't do more than 4or 5 renders in P7 before that friggin desktop crash.

I'm sorry, but PP has been a pleasure to use. I'm sure I'll even find a use for those figures. It works great with my Vue6I and my main app these days, Modo302. It has been worth the upgrade for me.

We agree.  Most of the anti-PP sentiments that I've seen so far have been coming from those who don't have it.  Not in every case, of course -- but for the most part.  And even that's anecdotal.......as much of the stuff which is typically found in the forums is anecdotal (not to mention the set-in-stone-because-it-is-a-fact opinions which are formed via the agency of reading the anecdotal opinions of others over never-used-by-them software).

By no means am I ready to testify to Poser Pro in a serious way yet, but unless if I am very unpleasantly surprised: I think that I'm gonna like it...........whether or not it'll hold any appeal for a $7000-app owner/user is another matter.  I suppose that the closest to that kind of moneyed-app that I have would be AutoCAD.  And I don't use AutoCAD for Poser-related work.  Although I have (in the distant past) prepared a Poser figure or two for background use in an AutoCAD industrial plant model.

Whether or not Poser Pro is worth $150-$200 to anyone else is entirely their decision.  And I don't know how much reading in the forums will help them to make that decision.  I'd say that it's a very open question..........the decision-making part, that is.

Something To Do At 3:00AM