Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Poser Pro Released

bagginsbill opened this issue on Apr 29, 2008 · 496 posts

XENOPHONZ posted Tue, 06 May 2008 at 1:45 AM

It is the dream of every 3D "pro" to work for Pixar.  Or at least so I've heard.

But of course: that greatly narrows down the field of people who can be regarded as 3D "pros".  Perhaps there are 3-to-4 hundred of them in existence in the entire world.  Everybody else is -- by definition -- a mere amateur wannabe.

BTW - I've known people who could afford to shell out for a $90,000 medium-format Hasselblad camera setup -- and who used it to take perfectly lousy pictures.  While I've known others who could work wonders of the photographic art with "K-Mart Special" types of cameras.

A pro isn't known by his tools -- he's known by his results (except, perhaps, in certain segments of the 3D world: where the software which is used to produce something matters more than the results themselves).  While it's true that the right types of tools can help to achieve desired ends: it's also true that the best tools which money can buy don't matter nearly so much as the competence & the talent of the tool's wielder.

Something To Do At 3:00AM