Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Poser Pro Released

bagginsbill opened this issue on Apr 29, 2008 · 496 posts

lkendall posted Tue, 06 May 2008 at 9:32 PM

5/6/08

I like that Poser is moving at all, I think. It seems to have an amazing inertia to stand still though, or more exactly, to ooze in odd directions without a real plan for where it should go. I think the Poser product line needs vision and direction. The goal shouldn’t really be Poser 7 next SR, Poser Pro SR1, or Poser 8. Unless SM is really willing to pour money into development, I doubt that the Poser team can advance every aspect of Poser simultaneously. So, with a long way to go, what should be the goals (short term and long term)?

The professional field is extremely diverse. There are a lot of demands for graphic art, and animation. I can believe that Poser Pro does not fit well into the workflow of much of this business, but not every one works in large graphics houses. Is Poser climbing the rungs in any way toward the low end of this business (is it already on the first step)?

Isn’t the "professional standard" a moving target? There is no reason to believe that computers will not continue to grow in processing power, storage compactly, and communication speed. The whole computer industry seems to be poised on the edge of 64-bit. How would one advance Poser, or any other graphics product in this changing environment?

No matter how well some future version of Poser fits into a professional workflow, it will not make me a professional graphics artist. My future is unlikely to move in that direction. So, I like that Poser has things to offer to me as a hobbyist. I want to have fun with it, and for me, it makes the centerpiece of my workflow and investment. I don’t really care if this present version is called Poser Pro, or Poser 7.5, or Poser Other. Will Poser be able to be a player in both focuses (for hobbyists and "professionals")?

LMK

Probably edited for spelling, grammer, punctuation, or typos.