Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Poser Pro Released

bagginsbill opened this issue on Apr 29, 2008 ยท 496 posts

SeanMartin posted Thu, 08 May 2008 at 4:24 PM

Right, Tom. Whenever you cant answer any other way, it's a "strawman argument", your one size fits all response.

Face it, bud: DAZ has had plenty of time to get its act together on Studio. As you yourself point out, in the last four years, we've made amazing progress in the art and science of computer graphics, so to think that we can say Poser had a running leap ahead is incredibly specious at best. The very fact that the two programs share formats and a great deal of file organization should be your first clue that Studio no doubt reversed engineered Poser to get started.

So dont try to sell me that bill of goods, bud. It wont work, sorry. And insofar as Zune and iPod -- you might as well compare Vista to OSX. Zune didnt want iPod's technology; it wanted to be its own beast. Studio needed to be like Poser so it didnt have to let go of its entire standing inventory.

Or, as you would say, apples and oranges.

Now, to bring this whole thing to some kind of conclusion... does it matter? Nope. The folks who like Studio "because it's free!" are gonna keep to that mindset. The folks who like Poser are probably gonna stay with it until (1) the software dies or (2) DAZ finally decides not to support it anymore and force everyone to take its road (DAZ would be stupid to do so, but it wouldnt be the first time...). The rest, folks like me who have tried both and made their choice... well, unless you can get real persuasive, I'm staying with what works better for me. Until Studio can prove otherwise, I see no reason to change. And right now, it aint doin' such a hot job. And after my experience with what they did to Bryce, I doubt seriously I'd shell out for any plug-ins for Studio until they've been around for at least a few versions. I skipped P5 for that reason and will do it to P8 if it turns out to be as wonky.

And that, bud, is how it is.

docandraider.com -- the collected cartoons of Doc and Raider