Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: VSS Skin Test - Opinions

bagginsbill opened this issue on Apr 23, 2008 · 2832 posts

JB123 posted Fri, 09 May 2008 at 11:12 PM

Hi BB. I just tried the VSS in P6 (PC) with no problems. I used the Jamal  texture set by Nouschka-Design with your Beach light. Please Ignore the displacement issue. I see you posted about this several times and I didn't read the whole thread yet. I just wanted to do a quick test and I am really blown away by what you have done. It really de-poserfies the look of the render and It couldn't be simpler to use. Normally I have to post work just about every render to get skin to look good even with AMUCFS which I think is awesome. No offense but I like this shader much better.

BTW I renamed your runtime folder to RuntimeVSS ( I didn't know I probably shouldn't ) and got this message but it still found it.

Cannot get vss script location properly - trying hack
'D;Program FilesCurious LabsPoser6RuntimeRuntimeVSS'
OK hack2='D;Program FilesCurious LabsPoser6RuntimeRuntimeVSS'

So it found it anyway even though I screwed things up :)

I saw this thread after only a few pages but I just  tried VSS today only once so far and Im extremly impressed. Anyway I just wanted to say thankyou so much sharing it with us.
I know a lot of hard work, time, research and just plain love went into it.  Makes me wonder
now what other goodies the pro version will have. EF now Smicro should have hired you. I don't know what they could have been thinking not to make you an offer you couldn't refuse (Big$$ )but anyway.

I'll post some more pics once I read the whole thead and figure out the displacement thing.
I want to do a comparison with just textures(no shader) AMUCFS and VSS.

Can you tell Im very excited about this? Well there goes my weekend Lol!!!

edit; Is this my best render ever no but it's a better starting point than 99% of them. btw less than 5 min to render.

Cheers
JB