Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: P7 - PPro Inconsistency

cspear opened this issue on May 10, 2008 · 59 posts

Gareee posted Sat, 10 May 2008 at 1:13 PM

Whenever you add features and improve a render engine, you can't really duplicate the old one exactly, because it does NOT have the same limitations as the previous render engine does.

Notice that ther's no "poser 4,5,6,7" render options? They've improved things over time, and why someone would want poorer quality renders is beyond me.

And I wasn't offering tips on doing better poser pro renderings. Turn gamma on, and do some test renders until you get very close to the old poser 7 renders, and then just use that setting when you render an old scene. Since it's going to vary from monitor to monitor, and system gamma settings, and video cards, there's no "magic bullet" number for all systems for the best gamma setting.

I ran into the same thing when I was beta testing poser pro, and was told the same thing, and when I asked why it wasn't the same, they asked why I would want inferior render quality in the new version?

With every new poser version, there have been new tools to learn to get our renders how we want them.

Or just use poser 7 when you want renders with the older render engine.

Way too many people take way too many things way too seriously.