Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: P7 - PPro Inconsistency

cspear opened this issue on May 10, 2008 · 59 posts

bagginsbill posted Sat, 10 May 2008 at 2:56 PM

Hmmm. Looking over my past correspondence with SM, there is no explicit guarantee that Poser Pro will render identically with P7.

However, having observed that gamma correction, despite all its merits for realism, might interfere with existing scenes and result in loss of artistic control, I was told "That's the reason why there will be a checkbox to turn on/off all gamma correction." That is a quote.

Now I'm no lawyer, but it seems pretty obvious the intent was to maintain the existing results for existing scenes, when you turn off GC.

You may very well have found a bug. Might I suggest you disable gamma, and save the scene as a new file, exit Poser, restart, and load it fresh.

See, when you switch it on and off, Poser has to re-evaluate all its image files. It may be that the IBL image is erroneously not refreshed.

Another thing to try as a workaround, is to enable gamma, but set it to 1.0. This should make no difference, but it might.

Renderosity forum reply notifications are wonky. If I read a follow-up in a thread, but I don't myself reply, then notifications no longer happen AT ALL on that thread. So if I seem to be ignoring a question, that's why. (Updated September 23, 2019)