Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: VSS Skin Test - Opinions

bagginsbill opened this issue on Apr 23, 2008 · 2832 posts

JB123 posted Sat, 10 May 2008 at 4:25 PM

Hi Baggins

Here's some more test. Smooth=SmoothPolygons in the render settings Dsp=Displacement. All of these were rendered with Sunset. Render settings were in the middle between draft and final just enough to get raytraycing. I normally render with higher settings but hardly ever use final and I almost always use raytracing and at least one IBL.  I never did like the depth mapped look. Too poserie Imo.

I see what you mean about P6 AO+Raytracing problems. I noticed this months ago when using a shader I made that used AO in the shader. I first thought it had to do with inaccurate raytracing+AO when using displacement but I see from this test even without dsp the artifacts can appear.

I can certainly live with a few articacts like in VSS+SmoothOff+Dsp ( I don't mind doing a little postwork in photoshop ) but the ones with smoothing on would not be fun to postwork but then again I don't normally render a lot of naked people. Most of the time there only half naked :) It is weird I didn't notice any artifacts at all yesterday using the Beach Light. I think I may have rendered with higher settings and more samples though.

Cheers
JB